St Andrews Preservation Trust was founded in 1937 and registered as a charity, SC011782 on 20th June 1940. We are also a company limited by guarantee, SC020194.
Our governing document is the Memorandum and Articles of Association (click to download), which was first adopted in 1938 and last updated in April 2013. Our governing body is the Board of Trustees, comprising the Trustees (the Company Directors) who have full decision-making authority on behalf of the charity’s members.
The charity has a number of committees and working groups. The Trustees and the members of committees are all volunteers. We report annually to OSCR and to Companies House. We hold an Annual General Meeting, to which all members of the charity are invited. This usually takes place in early May.